The Community Flower Studio Pre-Apprentice Application
Reporting to the CFS Principal Florist, you will have the opportunity to develop floristry skills and acquire customer services experience. CFS is a not-for-profit social enterprise with the mission to Help Youth Learn Life Skills and Find Meaningful Employment. You will be mentored by Bibi, the President and Founder of CFS who worked as a florist for 5 years before founding CFS. You will also be given opportunities to facilitate creative workshops for young people. You will be supported by other CFS members from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds. This apprenticeship will be about 4 months. You may decide to take up further study in floristry at TAFE .
LEARN NEW SKILLS
- Care for floristry stock and keep them fresh
- Construct a basic range of floristry products
- Use a range of floristry tools
- Efficiently unpack floristry stock
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Effective communication skills to build relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Time management and the ability to work under pressure
- An eye for design and style
- Co-facilitate creative workshops related to floristry ( e.g. Terrarium workshop and floral arrangement workshop).
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
- Set long-term and short-term goals.
- Follow the step-by-step goals to achieve what you set out to achieve.
- One-on-one mentoring by CFS’s Principal Florist