Terms and Conditions of entry:
(1) By submitting an entry to this competition, you:
(a) warrant that you are the artist or a parent, legal guardian, teacher or program manager (“Sponsor”) of a child who meets the eligibility criteria in clause 4;
(b) accept these Terms and Conditions.
(2) Instructions and information on how to enter this competition form part of these Terms and Conditions.
(3) The Organiser is Community Flower Studio Inc (ABN 46 355 682 172) (“CFS”) of 10-12 Clanwilliam St, Willoughby, NSW 2068.
(4) To be eligible to enter this competition, entrants must:
(a) be a resident of Australia; and
(b) be between 10 and 25 years of age.
(5) Artwork entries must be a mixed media work with at least one piece of plastic ‘waste’ and one piece of natural materials (vs artificial materials) include the following: amber, bamboo, Charcoal, feather, fabrics, flower petals, leather, leaves, nuts, sand, seed pods, sticks, small rocks and seashells, tree barks etc. This is not an exhaustive list. Mixed media including: pastel, oils pastel, pen, pencil, charcoal, acrylics, watercolour, oils or other materials. Photographs will only be accepted if it is the original work of the artist, printed out with the plastic waste and natural material glued onto the photographs to form a ‘mixed-media’ artwork. Videos, digitally created artwork and three-dimensional sculptures will not be accepted.
(6) Entries must include a supporting written piece, no more than 100 words, that describes the climate action featured in the artwork.
(7) Individual entries must not be bigger than A3 size (292 x 420 mm) or as near as possible to A3 size.
(8) Entries must be created solely by the entrant, and must be the entrant’s original creation. Copies of pre-existing images, including by tracing or colouring in an outline created by another person will be disqualified. Adults must not be involved in creating the artwork.
How to enter
(9) Entry will be open from 9:00 am AEST on 17/04/2022 and closes at 5:00 pm AEDT on 1/10/2023 (“Entry Period”). Entries received outside of the Entry Period will not be accepted.
(10) To enter, you must, during the Entry Period:
fully complete the online entry form; and
(b) deliver the artwork to the following 2 collection points:
A. Community Flower Studio Warehouse,19 French’s Rd, Willoughby or
B. Community Flower Studio, Social Enterprise Precinct, Level 1, 2 Davy Rd, South Eveleigh, 2015
(11) For entrants under 18 years of age, sponsors must submit their name, email address, postcode, telephone number, name of the child and relationship to the child.
(12) If you are a teacher or program manager, you must obtain consent from the parent or guardian of the entrant prior to submitting the entry. The Organisers are not responsible for obtaining any such consents.
(13) Entrants will receive one entry into the competition by performing the activities listed in clause 8. Entrants may not enter the competition more than once
(14) By entering, you agree that the Organisers may publish the entrant’s name, age, written work, and their Artwork online and at any events to be held by the Promotors.
(15) Prizes for first place will be awarded in the following age categories:
(a) 10 – 14 years of age;
(b) 14 -17 years of age; and
(c) 18 – 25 years of age.
(16) Entries are based on the entrant’s age at the time the entry is received. The lower age cut off is 10 yr. That means you will not be qualified to the 10 – 14 yr age group if you were born after 31st Dec 2013. The upper age cut off is 25 yr. That means you will not be qualified to the 18 – 25 yr age group if you were born on or before 31st Dec 1997.
(17) In addition to age group winners, prizes will be awarded for:
(a) People’s Choice;
(b) Highly Recommended (5 in each age group)
(18) This competition is a game of knowledge about climate action and artistic skill displayed. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
(19) All valid entries will be judged individually on their merits.
(20) The judging criteria for artworks include:
(a) Understanding of the featured climate action – how well the work relates to the climate action;
(b) Composition and colour – how well the elements work together to convey the theme;
(c) Expression – how imaginatively the work conveys an idea or emotion or incorporates a specific story.
(21) The judging criteria for written works include:
(a) Relevance – how well the response relates to the entrant’s chosen climate action: (b) Originality – creativity and style in conveying the theme;
(c) Quality of writing – structure, cohesiveness and accuracy in the use of language.
(22) Entries will be judged by a panel of five judges selected by the Organisers.
(23) A total of 30 finalists across all Categories will be selected by the panel of judges. Judging of finalists will take place, and finalists will be contacted via their Sponsor by email, by 1 November 2023.
(24) Judging of prize winners will take place by 20 November 2023.
(25) The Organisers may decline to accept any entry which, in its reasonable opinion, does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
(26) The Organisers’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and the Organisers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result of the competition finalists, prizes and notification of winners.
(27) The winner (or winners) of each Category will receive a prize selected by the Organisers based on the winner’s age. The winner for each age group will receive a $100 Westfield gift card. There will be 6 highly recommended for each age group. Each will receive a Community Flower Studio DIY Kit of their choice (succulent terrarium, colour-sand glass or flower-crown). A People’s Choice award (across all 3 age groups) of $50 Westfield Gift Card will be given to the artwork which receives the most votes from the public. No cash prizes will be offered.
(28) Prizes are not transferable and cannot be taken as cash.
(29) The winners will be contacted directly or via their Sponsor by email using the email address provided on the entry form. Prize winners will be published on the Organisers’ websites and social media pages by 10 December 2023.
(30) To claim the prize, a winner or their Sponsor must reply to the email confirming their phone number and delivery address. The prize must be claimed within 14 days after the winner’s Sponsor is contacted.
(31) If the Organisers are unable to contact a winner’s Sponsor within 14 days, that winner will forfeit the prize.
(32) Prizes will be posted or emailed to the winner’s Sponsor as appropriate within 14 days after the prize being claimed.
(33) If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Organisers may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
(34) You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, the entrant’s entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree that the Organisers have an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, right and licence to use and modify the entry including for promotional purposes without the payment of any further fee or compensation or further reference to the entrant. To the extent permitted by law, you unconditionally and irrevocably consent to the Organisers modifying the entry as described in this clause. The Organisers will use reasonable efforts to attribute the entrant as author of the entry.
Withdrawal from competition
(35) You may withdraw an entry you submitted from the competition at any time before notification of finalists and winners by notifying the Organisers on +61 412 613 073. If you withdraw an entry from the competition, the Organisers will remove that entry and will not use the entrant’s details or entry for media or promotional purposes. If you withdraw an entry from the competition, that entry will no longer be eligible to win a prize.
(38) The Organisers may use entries in any merchandise or educational materials (including for sale), advertisements or publicity carried out or produced by the Organisers without further notice or compensation to the entrant. Entrants still retain rights to use and publish their entry.
(39) Entries which, in the opinion of the Organisers, are incomplete, incorrect or incomprehensible, contain defamatory or offensive content or infringe intellectual property rights are not eligible to win and may be removed from the competition and the relevant entrant will be disqualified.
(40) The Organisers may, in their absolute discretion, disqualify an entry you have submitted if, in the opinion of the Organisers, you breach these Terms and Conditions, engage in dishonest or unethical conduct in relation to the competition, manipulate, tamper or interfere with the conduct of the competition, do not comply with the entry process, or conspire with others to gain an unfair advantage. The Organisers may audit you if they suspect you of having engaged in such breach or conduct.
(41) The Organisers may request information from you relevant to entry or participation in the competition, such as proof of residency or age, including birth certificates. The Organisers may, in their absolute discretion, transfer an entry you submitted to a different Category or disqualify an entry you submitted if you provide insufficient information, false information or fail to provide information.
(42) The Organisers are not responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or damaged entries.
(43) The Organisers are not responsible for returning entries to entrants unless suitable packaging and pre-paid postage is provided to the Organisers.
(46) The Organisers are not responsible for any delays, problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, computer equipment or software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering this competition. If such problems arise, then the Organisers may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition.
(44) To the extent permitted by law, the Organisers are not liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) resulting from this competition, including in relation to damage to entries.
(45) If, for any reason, this competition is not capable of running as planned, including war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Organisers which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this competition, the Organisers reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
(46) The Organisers are not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this competition.
(47) All costs associated with entering the competition are your responsibility.
(48) You understand and agree that the Organisers will collect personal information from you when you enter the competition and use it for the purpose of running the competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the competition) and for promotional purposes surrounding the competition. Other than for the purposes of the competition, the Organisers will not share any personal information about the entrant with any other party without the consent of the parent or guardian.
(49) You warrant and agree that you have the authority, or have obtained the requisite authority as the case may be, to consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant entrant’s personal information by the Organisers as described above in item (48).