If you are interested to find out more about intergenerational activities in Australia and other parts of the world, you can check out the following articles and YouTube clips:
1. What are intergenerational activities and programs? https://www.aplaceformom.com/caregiver-resources/articles/intergenerational-activities-for-seniors
2. ABC’s ‘Old People’s Home for Teenagers’: how intergenerational connections promote health and happiness https://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/health/abc%E2%80%99s-old-people%E2%80%99s-home-teenagers-how-intergenerational-connections-promote-health-and#:~:text=’Old%20People’s%20Home%20for%20Teenagers’%20brings%20together%20seniors%20and%20teenagers,and%20happiness%20of%20older%20Australians.
3. Old People’s Home For Teenagers | First Look | ABC TV + iview
4. The Teens and Seniors Social Experiment Part 1
(48:20) Wes (a student who dreamed of becoming a professional boxer) and Dave (70+yr working class) advised him to get a day job instead. Wes showed Dave his passion in a round of boxing practice. Watch how this drastically changed Dave’s mind!
(51: 43) A story about Tawne, a teenage girl who dealt with bullying by engaging in creative art! She showed Judy (a retired nurse who was a victim of bullying in her younger years) her art work.
(53:00) Clyde helped Jacob (a teenager with ADHD) with his uncontrolled disruptive behaviour at school.
5. What Happens When You Pair Teens with Seniors? | Social Experiment | FULL EP | Old School, Part 3
(35:00) Tawne and Judy working on a painting together; (38:08) Giving Christmas presents to each other.
(38:42) Health benefits for the Seniors and the Teenagers
(46:17) Testimonies from the participants to plead for future funding for this ‘Old School’ project.
6. The Benefits of Intergenerational Relationships
7. I NEED YOU, YOU NEED ME: THE YOUNG, THE OLD, AND WHAT WE CAN ACHIEVE TOGETHER EXECUTIVE SUMMARY MAY 2017 https://www.gu.org/app/uploads/2018/05/SignatureReport-Eisner-INeedYou-Executive-Summary.pdf
8. Hillis, V., and M. Lubell. 2015. Breeding cooperation: cultural evolution in an intergenerational public goods experiment. Ecology and Society 20(2): 8.
9. Generations United Resource Library https://www.gu.org/resources/